DAY 2 OF THE WEB SUMMIT 2015: Tinder Tips

Once again, we at eBuzz Towers struggled with the extremely difficult task of picking the highlights from the second day of the 2015 Web Summit. The scintillating annual tech-conference which has been deemed the best technology conference on the planet has grown from a mere 400 attendees to over 22,000 from over 110 countries in just four years, a great achievement for Irish founder Paddy Cosgrave.

web-summit1-1920

With an incredible 15 stages featuring such a vast variety of talks from some of the world’s most influential speakers from over 500 companies and, showcasing some the the most exciting startups the world has to offer, day two of the conference once again was a huge success.

We at eBuzz Towers, were fascinated to hear from Tinder’s CEO; Sean Rad, yesterday with his slightly peculiar talk in which he gave a few pointers and tips for using the hugely successful dating app. As Claire Peterson from the Web Summit official blog put it; “Tinder tips from the Mr. Tinder himself”.

“The best piece of advice I give our users is be yourself. We underestimate our ability to look at a photo and pick up the nuances. When you’re not yourself, people can sniff that.”

22796204961_9069c9d650_k

The man who introduced the term swipe right into dating vocabulary took to the stage yesterday afternoon explaining that Tinder’s main aim is to “remove the barriers to meeting the one”. He went on to discuss how data is used to enhance the dating experience which is exactly what the clever app does by allowing individuals to have the option of matching with others who share similar interests and  belong to the same age bracket.

2vyc0qbpd1yh0rifvyt9bmznqorst8zjye3osciy5g6fuwdi9vbc1d56xhplc17x.jpg

 

Rad noted that it has been found that over 80% of Tinder users use the app in order to find long-term relationships, with the other 20% seeking friendship and, much to his amusement; hook-ups. Rad, who stepped down from his role as CEO in the company, recently regained the title saying;

“I’m happy to play any role as long as I get to help make the product”.

f328dd1bcb6bed07962f9e07153aa16ce9ac39a0

Post by Paula Murphy

 

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
Read More

Does Blackberry’s open letter have a return address?

Tomorrow, Blackberry will release a letter to media outletss worldwide. When I got news of this tonight, I stumbled mentally for a moment. I thought it reminiscent of the "There is life after Apple" Chiat/Day letter from Steve Jobs in the Wall Street Journal 25 years ago. For a minute I allowed techno-romance to gnaw at me, but only for a minute. Tomorrow's open missal from Blackberry reminds me more of a fake letter that appeared in Chinese newspaper, The Southern Metropolis Daily a couple of months ago, and then found it's way around China via the micro-blogging Weibo.
Read More

Mavshack VOD teams up with myPhone in Philippines

Mavshack.com, the video on-demand streaming company has agreed a partnership with MyPhone, the leading distributor of phones in the Philippines. Mavshack is a leader  in streaming local content to global populations and Mavshack Philippines is the first of several content channels being delivered worldwide.  Mavshack operate a multi-platform service similar to Netflix in the Philippines, costing around 210 Philippine Pesos, the equivalent of five dollars per month.
Read More

NASA Game Changing 3D Printing success really matters

Last night I tweeted a link to the Press Release from NASA regarding their success with  testing a rocket engine injector made through additive manufacturing, or as we say these days,  3D printing. What surprised me was the reaction I got via re-Tweets, messages and people just saying 'wow!'. I think what caught people's attention was the potential highlighted by the success in NASA's test, the potential for manufacturing and for business.
Read More

Social Media: quality always tops quantity

In recent years I have had the privilege to speak at a number of different events on Social Media. Typically the area of greatest interest has always been Facebook. The same question always pops up during the Q&A part - “I don’t have a budget for Facebook, how do I get to 100,000 fans?” To be fair, there is not one answer to this question for every industry but I will try to give you an answer that should set you on the right path.
newsletter-subscription

Subscribe for the free weekly newsletter with the latest reviews and any current offers.

Total
0
Share