Well… the dust has settled somewhat, U2 have finally Beyonce’d their new album Songs Of Innocence, and everyone has almost already forgotten than Apple were showing off their latest gadgets and gizmos. So in order to cut through all the tech stuff, here’s the VERY BASICALLY SYNOPSIZED version of all the iNews you could possibly want from yesterday’s launch.
iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus!
– iPhone 6 will have a 4.6 screen, compared to the iPhone 6 Plus’ 5.5 inch screen. No word on that rumoured Sapphire protection, though. Also, they’ll be available in Gold, Silver and Space Grey.
– Both versions of the 6 are thinner than the 5S, with the power button now moved from the top to the side.
– A new chip inside will make them both significantly faster than previous iPhones, but the batter y life is still something of an issue. Talktime has been boosted up by 40% over the 5S, but watching videos or using the internet will still drain the life almost as quickly as it has done before.
– The front camera has been improved by “allowing 81% more light in”, while the rear camera has the same 8MP resolution, but the 6 will be using a new sensor to enlarge the pixels (whatever that means) while the 6 Plus will have an optical image stabilisation built in. Autofocus has been improved, panoramic pictures can be up to 43MB in size, and the video can capture 30fps or 60fps, and slowed right down to 120fps or 240fps for slo-mo recording.
– iPhone 6 will be $649 while the 6 Plus will cost $749. Expect the euro price to be pretty much one to one.
– Will come in two different size, up to six different straps, and three different finishes: steel, brushed metal and gold.
– There’s a “digital crown” on the side of the watch so you can scroll and zoom and click across the display without getting your fingers all up in the way.
– Finally, some Sapphire! Here’s where all your scratch resistant money is going, and it probably makes more sense for something like this to need it.
– It’ll have Siri on board, as well as a whole host of fitness apps for those on the go.
– Prices start around $349. Again, expect similarly over here.
– Using the fingerprint scanner on your new phone, the new and improved iOS8 which all these devices will come with, you can now use the Apple Pay method of buying things!
– Pretty much the same thing that some credit cards have been doing of late, just hold your phone to the respective charging pad in stores, or even if you’re shopping online on your phone, to make the purchase from your credit/debit card. Simples!
Now set release dates for the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus just yet, and apparently the Apple Watch will arrive early 2015. Keep em peeled on ebuzz for more!