ThoughtBox Learning make beautiful educational apps by applying the principle of Gameful Learning to engage a young audience – primarily with their Numerosity suite of Apps that teach Addition, Subtraction, Division, Multiplication and soon, the Order of Operations.
Supported by the NDRC and Wayra, ThoughtBox was named as one of the Best of App Store 2012, and has been downloaded in almost 60 countries. ThoughtBox is led by Cristinea Luminea, the Founder and CEO who I spoke with about coding in schools, working in partnership with established brands and about quitting your job, because you think you have a good idea.
Unsurprisingly, ThoughtBox has picked up a few awards and accolades along the way:
- App Store Best of 2012 – Apple App Store
- 12 BEST Children’s Educational Apps of 2012 – Teachers With Apps
- People’s Choice Award – Dublin Beta 2012
- Best Education App – The Appys Dublin 2012
- Best Gaming App – The Appys Dublin 2012
- Best Free to Play Game – The Games Fleadh 2012
- Honorable Mention for Best Educational Games category – Best App Ever Awards 2012
- 16 of the best maths apps for kids from 2013 – Apps Playground
- Kids Safe Certified
- Teachers with Apps Certified