The latest iteration of the Windows Operating System has been unveiled, and it looks to be a doozy! If you’re not able to watch the very nice introduction video above, we’ve gone and taken down all the bullet-points you might want to know:
– For the first year of its release Windows 10 will be free to any current users of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
– Microsoft’s universal apps will now work across all of your shared laptops, desktops, tablets and phones. So any changes you might make in Word or Office will now be changed across all the formats you have the file stored in.
– Say goodbye to Internet Explorer, as Microsoft introduce us to their new online browser Project Spartan, which will contain built-in additions such as a reading mode, an offline document saver, and the ability for multiple users on multiple platforms to use the same webpage to edit or draw over or whatever they choose to do with it.
– Mobile phone assistant Cortina will be a universal item within Windows 10, so the Siri-esque program will now be able to take your notes and so on from any device using the OS.
– It will begin to be launched on mobile phones from February and then rolled out to other devices later on in the year.